Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week 3: Tea Cozy

(January 17, 2011)

I've been a tea enthusiast for the last 11 years (ahh those dorm room tea parties... so nice.) but the whole time without a cozy. Whenever I went to buy one in a store I always stopped, thinking "I could probably make that" but never did. And now I have one!  It's quite a bit taller than my teapot though, so I think it's probably more effective rolled up, as in the last pic.

cost breakdown: free!  (Scraps again!  My mom found me all these great little Japanese hand towels the last time we were there, and the liner is made from a linen skirt I cut up a while ago.  The sad part is that all the towels are different, so there are no more in this awesome pattern.  Both sides came from the same towel!)

No comments:

Post a Comment