Wednesday, January 19, 2011

post #1 - What exactly are we doing here, anyway?

I'll say right off the bat that I've been inspired by a bunch of things lately:

1) a year from scratch - She's creating a new project each week for a year.  That's basically what I have in mind, except my projects are perhaps not quite as ambitious. 

2) Living with less -  For the first time in a long while, our family is on a very strict budget and I am doing my best to both use up all of the many resources we have that often go unused, and try not to bring any/very much new stuff into our house

3) "I could probably make that" - Why buy it when you can make it?

4) Weird ingredients - I'm noticing more and more the lists of strange and probably harmful ingredients in things we use on a daily basis to put on our skin, in our hair, in our food.  So by making things myself, I'm hoping to eliminate some of that. 

5) Balance.  All of this other stuff sounds like it could get pretty out of hand, so I'm trying to  keep it manageable.  I also think that making things with quality and ethical ingredients can become prohibitively expensive, which is the opposite of what I want.  I suppose I'm hoping that I will be able to have a little of both worlds in my life now.  It's sure to be an interesting challenge, anyway...

So there you go.  And here I go.  I've got a few projects that are already complete that just need to be blogged about when I can find the time away from my husband and his amazing hot chocolate.  No, that's not a euphemism - he really makes amazing hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment