Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 7: Sam's Birthday

(February 17, 2011)

Yesterday was my little nephew Sam's 2nd birthday.  I wanted to make something fun and imaginative and versatile for a wonderful little boy who has just about anything a boy could want. Beanbags!


I don't think kids should be limited by their gender in what colours are appropriate for them.  So Sam gets bright orange and pink beanbags as well as green and blue. 




I also made Sam a little sticker book (because my little one has recently discovered that he LOVES stickers, and I thought Sam might too...) but it didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to.  If you want some instructions, this is the page I followed.   I will tell you, hot glue never turns out the way I want it to!  That, and I don't think wax paper is the same thing as freezer paper.

Happy birthday Sam!

2 comments:

  1. The bean bags are a HIT! He loves them like crazy! You should see him carrying all of them in a bucket... they are quite heavy all together but he loves the challenge. We haven't tried out the sticker book yet, but Sam is super crafty so I have a feeling he's going to love it. So fun. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After keeping this in the back of my mind for 2 years (to the day!), I'm finally making these for a birthday girl! I didn't have enough exciting coloured scraps (all beige :S ) so F came and helped me pick out a few fun prints--apples, strawberries, kittens and pigs, and a bright green geographic. I hope they turn out as great looking as yours do!

    ReplyDelete