Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Made It: Clif Bars

I didn't really make these.  ("What!" You exclaim, "This blog is a hack!  That's it I'm leaving...")  But don't run away just yet... please!

My dearest love David is a hardworkin' man who also chronically underestimates his lunchtime needs.  Sometimes he'll only pack something like two apples and a banana for his lunch.  For a full day.  Of pouring concrete.  I don't know if you know what pouring concrete is like, but it's basically just doing lunges and squats all day while pushing a giant weight around.  Shoveling heavy stuff.  Anyway, this is where the Clif Bars come in.  Those babies are expensive, yo.  So Dave decided he could probably make that.  And he did!





I don't know the exact recipe he used, and the silly boy has squirreled it away somewhere in a sneaky hidey hole so I can't share it with you at the moment.  But it's pretty easy!  Just a bunch of liquid type ingredients cooked in a pot (honey, PB, vanilla?) then mixed with the dry ingredients (oats, raisins, nuts?), pressed into a pan, and finito.   I think he also added protein powder to these to add to the lunch box punch, but that's not necessary.  The first batch he shaped them like regular Clif Bars, which is a lot more work, and I think these turned out better because they held together a bit more.  They are VERY sweet though.  Perhaps a bit less honey would work too!


No comments:

Post a Comment