Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Made It: Lampshade Baby Mobile

A while back I took out this book from the library.  Anna Maria's beautiful fabrics caught my eye, as well as the sweet baby patterns.  I made the little booties for a baby niece, and wanted for so long to try the mobile.

A friend of mine will be having a baby imminently, and this friend is one I forever admire for her funky sense of style and art.  She is so thoughtful about her art, both in the selfless-giving sense of the word and also contemplative.  And she is careful to put herself and her personality into everything that surrounds her.  Picky about what she likes.  I like that.


 Anyway, as soon as I heard she was having a baby and doing up an awesome nursery, I knew she was the one to have the lampshade mobile.




These pictures are obviously not of the shade as a mobile, and I didn't get a photo of the little birds hanging down.  But rest assured, they're there, and they're the cutest part of the whole thing!  Maybe once it arrives, my friend will be able to take a picture for us to share.  That is, if she has time for pictures with a brand new baby to take care of...

No comments:

Post a Comment