Monday, May 9, 2011

PERSONALIZED Notepads!

So remember these guys?  I wrote something about how you could dress it up or down however you like.  At the time, I couldn't really think of how a person might make it more interesting, short of using fancy scrapbook paper or something, but that takes a bit of the awesomeness out of the project, since you'd essentially be using new paper, rather than recycling or using up otherwise unusable paper.  

HOWEVER, I was trying to make some mother's day cards for our various moms around here, when I had a major brainwave.  

I printed out a few pics on my temperamental second-hand printer, and they were all pretty sub-par quality prints.  I wanted 3 copies of each, so when I printed them out, there were 3 pics down the left side of each page with about 6 inches of white space to the right.  Since so many of the pics were not really worthy of being put in a special mother's day card, I didn't know what to do with them all.  I think I had 5 pages in all.  


O ho!

All I did was cut the pages up between each picture, piled them all together, and sewed.  Voila!  A nice little writing pad for grandma with a cheeky boy on each page...  I wish I had come up with this before I sent the cards to the faraway grannies!  (I also wish that my printer was not so temperamental, or I would whip up a couple more and send them out!!)

1 comment:

  1. You did have a wonderful idea! Well, it is never to late to give your far away grannies with these wonderful notepads because Christmas is fast approaching. Now, you can put on your family picture on the pad and I am pretty sure they would love seeing your smiles on it every time they will write on their notepads. www.notepadsyourway.com

    ReplyDelete