Monday, August 15, 2011

My brother could probably make that...



I visited my brother at his house for the first time in years a few weeks ago, and found something amazing - herb-infused salts!  That he made himself!  This is not surprising, if you know my brother.  I recall a time when he was probably 16 or 17.  I was in the kitchen with him while he was cooking something.  Grinding herbs in the mortar & pestle.  He comes over to me at the table and says, "Smell this.  Do you think it needs more tarragon?"  I still don't know what tarragon smells like!  Anyway, this guy loves to cook in interesting ways.  


These salts are awesome because:
1) they're made with beautiful coarse sea salt
2) they're all in these lovely understated mason jars
3) they are SO easy
4) I wish I had thought of this


I'm pretty sure he just mixed up some salt with some fresh herbs.  One is rosemary and garlic (whole cloves), another is a poultry blend, and I'm not sure what the orange one is.  


If we had stayed longer, I would have loved to use some of this gorgeous salt in some way!  Even if it was just to spice up some eggs...  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment