Thursday, March 3, 2011

Notes

1) Since I started this blog, I have used an entire 2 kg box of baking soda. I don't recall ever finishing a box of baking soda, even a tiny one.

2) Essential oils are amazing.  Last night I wanted to have a bubble bath (no bubbles!) so instead I had a smelly bath.  I put some sweet almond oil in my palm and a couple drops each of ylang ylang and lavender, then swished it around in the bath water with some baking soda.  Definitely fell asleep in the bath.

3) I used the remainder of the sugar hand scrub from the other day on my face this evening and it feels WONDERFUL!

4) Both because of cost and because I found out some discouraging info about my go-to face lotion, Clinique's Dramatically Different, I have been searching for something I can make myself.  However, making your own skincare is pretty complicated, expensive, and usually doesn't have a very long shelf life.  I've been using sweet almond oil on my face (and the rest of me!) for a couple weeks, and it's quite lovely.  It's hard to keep my hands moisturized, but for the body and face it's really nice and doesn't clog pores. 

5) The grapefruits this time of year are delicious.

6) Did I mention my love of lists?  ;)

 7) I've got a project in the works (read: something I'm vaguely thinking of doing) but it's boringly practical.  However, I do expect it to be one of those things that helps out a lot with the household budgeting.  What do you think?  Post?  Or too boring?  Maybe I should try it out for a little while and then let you know...

8) I've been trying out different old-timey methods of curling my hair, and so far, pincurls win!  Here's a pic from our new webcam with old-timey effects to match the curls.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tamo

    try lanolin for your hands
    http://www.bynature.ca/lansinoh-lanolin.html
    it's a bit expensive, but you only use a very small amount that it last a really long time.

    xo
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I think I even still have some of that from when I was breastfeeding. Thanks for the tip! I was hoping somebody would come out with something awesome like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried a face mask out with your yogurt and honey, which made my worn out skin feel nice and tight again and I loved it, but I still felt a bit dry. I tried with Avocado again today, and feel nice and rejuvenated, and figured, why not put some on my hands? I did a quick little rub & rinse and my hands are nice and soft like before babies and super-hand-washing...I was amazed, I didn't even have to have it on for very long! I imagine it would be great for a long period of time, and nice on the nails too.

    ReplyDelete